Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Favorite Place

My favorite place in the entire world is Capri, Italy. It is an island off the coast of Sorrento.  I have only been to Capri once, but that was all it took. It was absolutely love at first sight on the little ferry ride over from Sorrento.

I studied abroad in Italy for three weeks the summer after my freshman year in 2014. I studied in Arezzo, Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri. Although all the cities in Italy were incredible, Capri was by far my favorite. I hope these pictures give you a better understanding of why Capri is truly my "happy place."


The soaring cliffs of Capri, Italy

(Image information: personal photo of one of my best friends Abbey and I standing at the highest peak in Capri; photo from June 2014)


The highest point of Capri is 1,932 ft. The only way to reach the top was a 15 minute chair lift ride and coincidentally the only way to come down was the lift itself. Cars could not make it up the steep incline. It went straight up and I am not the biggest fan of heights. It might have taken some convincing for me to get back on the lift. 

(Image information: personal photo of the chair lift and view from the top of Capri; photo from June 2014)


I hope to return to Capri, Italy one day. The views, people, food and shoreline were unbelievably beautiful.



1 comment:

  1. Capri is AMAZING, isn't it? There are so many beautiful places in Italy, big cities, lovely countryside... and Capri is magical. Thank you for sharing all those beautiful pictures! Capri was a famous vacation spot for the ancient Romans too! The emperor Tiberius, in particular, loved Capri. Here's a fun article about that if you are curious: Tiberius on Capri: in pursuit of vice or just avoiding mother?

    ReplyDelete